Thirty-eight members of the Senate and House of Representatives wrote Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler, asking the FCC to limit application of Section 301, to “accomplish several important consumer protection objectives:”
- Issue an immediate pronouncement stating that no calls can be made pursuant to Section 301, until the FCC finalizes regulations required by the provision
- Create Regulations governing calls made pursuant to Section 301 that:
- Limit permissible calls to those collecting defaulted debt
- Limit calls to reassigned numbers
- Limit the number and duration of calls and to whom calls can be made
- Require that calls stop as soon as any called party requests that they stop
To see a copy of the letter, click here.