In May, the government announced that work could be carried out on developing six road schemes – decisions on actually funding the schemes would be taken in the financial year 2015/16. The six schemes are:
- M4 Junctions 3-12 managed motorway scheme, Thames Valley;
- M25 Junction 30/A13 congestion relief scheme, Thurrock;
- A19/A1058 Coast Road Junction improvement, North Tyneside
- A21 Tonbridge – Pembury widening; Kent
- A63 Castle Street improvement, Hull; and
- A160/A180 improvements, Immingham.