The Commission has published a call for evidence on application of MAD. Although it believes MAD's effects have been positive, it thinks there are ways it can simplify and improve it. It asks for evidence specifically on:
- scope of markets and instruments MAD covers;
- the ability of listed issuers to delay disclosure of inside information;
- the disclosure of inside information by issuers of commodity derivatives;
- the ability of regulators to gain access to telephone records and other information;
- the obligation to draw up insiders' lists and to report the transactions of managers of issuers; and
- short selling (although this issue is not currently specifically addressed in MAD).
Views on the call for evidence are invited until 10 June 2009.