The US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) recently reminded US and Canadian travelers that beginning on June 1, 2009, they will be required to present an approved travel document to enter the United States by sea and land. The approved documents include a passport, a passport card, a NEXIS, SENTRI or FAST TRUSTED TRAVELER program card or a state or province-issued "enhanced" driver’s license. The approved list includes Permanent Resident Card. CBP encouraged the traveling public to apply for one of these approved documents at this time in order to avoid international traveling delays and/or problems after the new requirements become effective on June 1, 2009.