New amendments have been published to the Employment Bill, including:
- increasing the uplift of awards in disciplinary and grievance cases from 25% to 50%;
- losing parties having to bear the costs of the winning party in employment tribunal cases;
- awarding up to 25% of the claim to a defendant where the claimant’s action is vexatious;
- tips to employees in service industries not to be included in the calculation of the national minimum wage;
- imposition of a cap of £100,000 on contractual severance pay for employees of employers who receive substantial financial state support (save when a court has awarded a larger sum).