In this video interview, partner Thomas Laryea discusses the opportunities and challenges of financing African infrastructure across business sectors, including energy, telecommunications and transportation, and social sectors, including education and housing.
The video addresses:
- The main constraints on funding increasingly large projects in African countries;
- New international sources of capital and the key role of the private sector;
- The components that determine the "bankability" of projects;
- How regional markets are securing financing through integration;
- The impact of the Power Africa Initiative; and
- The outlook for private and public sector funding in Africa.
Click here to view video.