For those of you thinking of or embarking on the relatively new competitive dialogue procedure, here are a few pointers.
- The costs of getting to preferred bidder stage for both the public and private sectors may increase.
- Funders’ due diligence needs to be carried out at a much earlier stage than before, which could lead to increased costs.
- Bidders are concerned about disclosure of their confidential information, especially innovative solutions.
- There will be limited scope to amend bids after tender submission and selection of the preferred bidder.
- Contracting authorities will have to draft their OJEU notices, tender documentation and evaluation criteria carefully.
It is still early days but competitive dialogue is not seen to be an easy option and is not for the faint hearted. We invite you to email email@example.com with your experiences and views, without breaking any confidentialities, on competitive dialogue procedures in which you’re involved.