As from 1 October 2020, the NOW scheme, under which employers can receive a subsidy for their salary costs, will be extended to 1 July 2021. The main aspects of NOW 3.0 are:
- The period between 1 October 2020 and 1 July 2021 will be divided into 3 time periods:
- During the first period (Oct/Nov/Dec), employers will need to experience a revenue loss of 20% to be eligible for subsidy under the NOW scheme. As from the second period (Jan/Feb/Mar), employers will need to experience a revenue loss of 30%;
- The subsidy will decrease with each period: during the first period (Oct/Nov/Dec), employers will receive a subsidy for 80% of their salary costs, during the second period (Jan/Feb/Mar), employers will receive 70% and during the third period (Apr/May/Jun), employers will receive 60%;
- The total wage sum over the periods can decrease with respectively 10%, 15% and 20% without impacting the subsidy amount;
- Employers will no longer receive a lower subsidy in case of dismissals based on business economic grounds;
- As from the third period (Apr/May/Jun), the maximum wage to be compensated for per employee will be 1 x the maximum daily wage (approx. EUR 5,000 per month).
The exact details of NOW 3.0 will be published by 1 October 2020. The UWV will strive to make applications for the NOW 3.0 possible from 16 November 2020. Employers will be able to apply for subsidy under the NOW 3.0 retroactively (backdated to 1 October 2020).