On 3 September 2013 Red Energy Pty Ltd paid four infringement notices totalling $26,400 and provided a court enforceable undertaking to the ACCC for alleged misrepresentations made by a Red Energy telemarketer. These include false representations that:
- he was calling about the consumer’s current energy bill with another energy retailer;
- he was affiliated with the consumer’s current energy retailer;
- he was not calling to sell any products;
- all energy retailers in NSW must charge consumers the same price for retail electricity; and
- retail electricity prices in NSW are regulated by government.