On 15 November 2013, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published a technical revision to the AIFMD reporting templates which were originally released together with the AIFMD reporting guidelines on 1 October (as detailed in the October Front Page) under Articles 3 and 24 of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (2011/61/EU) (AIFMD) (ESMA/2013/1339).
The guidelines set out the information which alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs) should report to national competent authorities (NCAs), the timing of these reports and the procedures to be followed when AIFMs move from one reporting obligation to another. ESMA published:
- Guidelines on reporting obligations under Articles 3(3)(d) and 24(1), (2) and (4) of the AIFMD (revised).
- AIFMD reporting IT technical guidance (revised).
- Consolidated AIFMD reporting template (revised).
- AIFMD - Reporting - XML documents - V1.1 (revised).
- AIFMD Reporting - Annex 2 -Tables 1-7 (new).
- Tables 8-9-10 of Annex 2 of ESMA guidelines on reporting obligation (revised).
The guidelines will be translated into the official EU languages.Publication of the translations will trigger a two-month period during which NCAs must notify ESMA whether they comply, or intend to comply, with the guidelines.