Between 16 June 2016 and 23 June 2016, the FCA Board made some changes to the FCA Handbook. The update was published on 24 June 2016 in Handbook Notice 34. The most significant changes are as follows:
- The Periodic Fees (2016/17) and Other Fees Instrument 2016 (2016/41), which makes amendments to fee levels and levies. This comes into force on 1 July 2016. The FCA consulted on these changes in April 2016 in CP16/9.
- The Fees (Payment Systems Regulator) (No 2) Instrument 2016 (2016/42), which makes changes in order to implement policy proposals regarding the Payment Systems Regulator (PSR) regulatory fees for 2016/17. This instrument comes into force on 8 July 2016.
- The Disclosure Rules and Transparency Rules Sourcebook (Statutory Audit Amending Directive) Instrument 2016 (2016/40), which amends elements of the Disclosure and Transparency Rules (DTR) to implement the requirements for audit committees set out in the Statutory Audit Amending Directive (2014/56/EU). This instrument came into force on 17 June 2016. The FCA consulted on these changes in its September 2015 quarterly consultation (CP15/28).
- The Supervision Manual (Reporting No 2) Instrument 2016 (2016/45), which amends chapters 15 and 16 of the Supervision Manual. The objective of 2016/45 is to enhance the clarity of the guidance notes and remove superfluous text. The FCA consulted on these changes in its March 2016 quarterly consultation (CP16/8).
- The Enforcement Guide (Warning Notices Publicity) Instrument 2016 (2016/46). This instrument is targeted at reducing speculation in regard to specific cases as they progress via Warning Notice statements. This instrument came into force on 24 June 2016. The FCA consulted on these changes in its March 2016 quarterly consultation (CP16/8).