EIOPA launched a public consultation on an opinion that sets out technical advice for the 2020 review of Solvency II.
Such advice – which will be released by June 2020 – concerns:
- measures about both long-term guarantees products and equity risk;
- specific methods and standardized parameters used for the calculation of the Solvency Capital Requirement;
- supervisory rules and practices for the application of article 129 of Solvency II Directive, as far as the Minimum Capital Requirement is concerned;
- group supervision and intra-group capital management;
- other supervisory matters, such as technical reserves, own funds, cross border activity, reporting, disclosure and proportionality.
In order to assess the impact of the consultation, EIOPA asked to be provided by national insurance Authorities with specific information and, as far as IVASS is concerned, this latter will send the relevant request of information to the insurance companies falling into the scope of the consultation.