The Pensions Regulator has published a five step action checklist for trustees to prepare for auto-enrolment. The Regulator anticipates that many occupational schemes will be adapted for auto-enrolment, but most will not need to undergo substantial alterations in order to qualify.
The checklist consists of the following steps for trustees to consider once the employer has confirmed that the existing scheme will be used for autoenrolment:
- know when you need to act
- start the planning process
- consider the impact to the existing scheme
- mobilise an implementation team
- communicate changes to all scheme members