The European Commission has updated its Q&A paper on the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). Answers to the following questions have now been added:
- Question 128 - The application of the best execution obligation to securities lending activities and ancillary services.
- Question 129 - The application of post-trade transparency obligations where transactions in financial instruments do not result in a change in ownership.
- Question 157.1 - Whether there are remedies for challenging decisions of the Financial Ombudsman Service under MiFID.
- Question 185.3 - The application of the exemption in Article 2(1)(b) to firms that deal on their own account.
- Question 216 - The territorial scope of MiFID as regards hedge funds.
- Question 225 - Outsourcing the activity of the reception and transmission of orders.
View European Commission updates its MiFID Q&A paper, 6 August 2008