On Jan. 11, the IRS announced the appointment of seven new members to the Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (“IRSAC”).
Established in 1953, the IRSAC examines various issues in tax administration; provides the IRS commissioner with relevant feedback, observations, and recommendations; and publishes an annual report to the agency at a public meeting in November.
The following individuals were appointed to serve three-year terms on the council beginning in 2018:
- Ben Deneka is an industry operations liaison with H&R Block in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Diana Erbsen is a tax partner at DLA Piper in New York, NY.
- Antonio Gonzalez is a certified public accountant and is founder and co-owner of Sydel Corporation in Coral Gables, FL., which is both an accounting and information technology consulting firm for multiple organizations.
- Charles Read is a certified public accountant and the founder and CEO of Custom Payroll Associates Inc. in Lewisville, TX, where he has been preparing business and individual tax returns since 1991.
- Martin Rule is a certified public accountant and senior manager with Deloitte Tax LLP in Chicago.
- Jeffrey Schneider is an enrolled agent and a vice president with SFS Tax & Accounting Services in Port St. Lucie, FL.
- Patricia Thompson is a certified public accountant and tax partner with Piccerelli, Gilstein & Company, LLP in Providence, RI.