Welcome to the November 2018 edition of Pensions Round-Up which provides an overview of developments in pension legislation, case law and regulatory guidance.
In this edition we look at key developments from November 2018 including the following:
- The Pensions Regulator: the launch of the Regulator's new website; and the Regulator's latest quarterly compliance and enforcement bulletin
- Department for Work and Pensions: a consultation about Collective Defined Contribution schemes; and the results of research evaluating the Pension Wise service
- Legislation: the latest revaluation order; and a technical consultation from HMRC on regulations in relation to repayment of the overseas transfer charge
- Case law: a Supreme Court judgment about whether the rules of a scheme permit a change from RPI to CPI; and a judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union concerning the European Directive in relation to part-time workers
- Pension Protection Fund: further information about the steps that the PPF is taking to implement a recent judgment about PPF compensation levels; and the launch of the PPF's new website
- HMRC: the publication of a pension schemes newsletter; two countdown bulletins in relation to the end of contracting-out; and updated statistics about flexible payments
- Other news: an updated version of HM Treasury's note about the basis for setting the discount rates for calculating cash equivalent transfer values from public service pension schemes; and the launch of the Cost Transparency Initiative
- On the Horizon: a timeline of some of the key future developments in pensions to help employers and trustees plan ahead.