The creation of the world’s largest pure-play shared ownership company is big news for the hospitality industry. So we are keeping a close eye on the spin-off of Marriott Vacations Worldwide.
Yesterday, another important step was taken when it was announced that the following individuals had agreed to serve on the Board of Directors for Marriott Vacations Worldwide when the spin-off is completed later this year:
- Chairman of the Board, William J. Shaw, a 37-year Marriott veteran and currently director emeritus of Marriott International's board of directors.
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Stephen P. Weisz, another Marriott veteran and president of Marriott Vacation Club International.
- Deborah Marriott Harrison, the senior vice president of Government Affairs at Marriott International.
- Raymond L. "Rip" Gellein, Jr., recognized as a “giant” in shared ownership lore.
- Thomas J. Hutchison III, currently a director for KSL Capital Partners LLC, ClubCorp, Inc., U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Hersha Hospitality Trust.
- Melquiades R. (Mel) Martinez, a business and civic leader in Florida and the first Cuban-American to serve in the United States Senate.
- William W. McCarten, chairman of DiamondRock Hospitality Company and Marriott alum.