Lexology PRO is our premium service which provides practical guidance and insight as well as intuitive tools to help transform your legal research.
Interested? Click here to find out more.
Research shows that around 40 million people worldwide are victims of modern slavery. Tackling modern slavery is becoming increasingly important for organisations as they look to ensure sustainable business practices.
The US Department of Labor (DoL) has allocated US$22 million to tackle abusive labour practices in the fashion industry and to combat the use of child and forced labour in supply chains.
In Canada, legislators have proposed modern slavery legislation to combat child and forced labour in the supply chains of entities doing business there.
Australia’s first modern slavery statements are due this year so find out if this applies to your business as foreign entities doing business in the country could also be affected.
Risks posed by international supply chains are extremely complex. Use these key questions to assess slavery and human trafficking risks for your business.
Be prepared and minimise risk to your business by using Lexology PRO:
- INSIGHT: Keep up-to-date with key developments by following our Modern Slavery hub page where you can find all curated, must-read articles like those above, hand-picked by our team of experts.
- DEEP DIVE: Check out The Employment Law Review which serves as a tool to help legal practitioners and human resources professionals identify issues that present challenges to their clients and companies.
- COMPARE: Make use of our Labour & Employment GTDT comparison tool which helps you to understand the maze of employment laws needed to deal with a global workforce.
- WATCH: Short, timely video clips to help you get up-to-speed on all of the latest legal topics.
- ASK LEXY: A powerful AI search engine which compares articles or any piece of text to pull up related content to enhance your research.
Click here to request your free Lexology PRO demo.