Click here to view the podcast.
Steve Berens, CEO of Clear Comfort Water, LLC, joins The Water Values Podcast to discuss water tech and his company’s innovative water treatment solution. Clear Comfort is the world-wide licensee for pools and spas of a patented technology used for water treatment. Steve discusses a broad range of issues in the water tech space, explains the benefits of using the technology over chlorinated treatment, and describes the numerous ways in which the Clear Comfort technology can be applied to make water safer for human interaction.
In this Session, You’ll Learn about:
- Steve’s thoughts on the water tech sector
- The process by which Clear Comfort’s technology disinfects water
- The benefits of Clear Comfort’s technology over chlorine disinfection in pools and spas
- Issues surrounding expanding the Clear Comfort technology to markets beyond pools and spas (i.e., drinking water treatment)
- Intellectual property issues in developing water tech
- Challenges in water tech adoption
- Steve’s thoughts on whether the water tech sector will follow the boom-bust cycle that cleantech experienced
Resources and Links Mentioned in or Relevant to this Session Include:
- Clear Comfort’s website
- Clear Comfort’s phone number: (303) 872-4477
- Aravaipa Ventures’ website
- Gates Foundation’s website
Click here to download the Transcript for Session 17 of The Water Values Podcast.
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!