Some of the highlights of the EEOC’s 2012 fiscal year:
- The EEOC received 99,412 charges of discrimination, almost the same as last year, but resolved 111,139 charges.
- The EEOC filed 122 lawsuits on the merits.
- 20 percent of the EEOC’s litigation cases were systemic cases.
- The EEOC “secured” $365.4 million in monetary awards -- its highest ever. $44.2 million of this was through litigation, and approximately $36 million came from investigations and conciliations of systemic charges of discrimination.
- The EEOC “secured” more than $61.9 million for parties who requested hearings in the federal sector.