In this video, Brian Mulier explains trade and economic sanction regimes and gives his five tips for minimising disruption.
Other topics covered in this video include:
- What governing bodies have the power to trade and economic impose sanctions.
- Which governments and/or sectors are most commonly impacted.
- The practical challenges that sanctions present for businesses trading with sanctioned industries or countries.
- Why financial institutions often block funds transfers, even when these transfers are not subject to sanctions.
- Why exporters are particularly at risk from witheld funds and what they can do to protect themselves.
- Why due diligence is key to minimising the impact of sanctions.
- The importance of screening counter parties in trade deals.