As of 29 November 2010, migrant partners of British citizens or people settled in the UK will have to prove they are able to speak and understand English, if they wish to enter the country or remain here. This new requirement means that those affected will have to pass an English language test with an approved test provider.

The UKBA has published detailed information regarding which individuals will be affected by the changes, how they go about taking the test and any exemptions to the new requirement.

To view the full details please click here