After reviewing its I-140 backlog, USCIS has announced that it is again able to provide Premium Processing Service for I-140s (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker).
The USCIS will accept Premium Processing requests for Form I-140 in the following categories:
- EB-1 Aliens with Extraordinary Ability;
- EB-1 Outstanding Professors and Researchers;
- EB-2 Members of Professions with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability not seeking a National Interest Waiver;
- EB-3 Professionals;
- EB-3 Skilled Workers; and
- EB-3 Workers other than Skilled Workers and Professionals.
Premium Processing Service is still not available for the EB-1 Multinational Executives and Managers category and for individuals seeking a National Interest Waiver under the EB-2 Members of Professions with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability category.
Under the Premium Processing Service, USCIS guarantees petitioners that, for a $1,000 processing fee, it will issue at least a preliminary decision on a case— most commonly an approval or a request for additional evidence—within 15 calendar days of receipt. If the agency misses the deadline, the $1,000 fee is refundable.