TQ Beta LLC v. Dish Network Corporation., et al., C.A. No. 14-848 – LPS-CJB, January 28, 2016
Stark, C. J. Claim construction opinion issues regarding six terms from one patent. A Markman hearing took place on November 30, 2015.
The disputed technology relates to streaming technology. The following terms were considered:
- “reproducing the information during a second time frame, wherein a delay between the first time frame and the second time frame is greater than a delay caused by receiving the signal, encoding the received signal, transmitting the encoded signal, receiving the encoded signal, and decoding the encoded signal”
- “receiving a signal broadcast in a first geographic location”
- “second geographic location”
- “means for receiving a second broadcast via a world wide network, the second broadcast including an encoded signal, the encoded signal containing information that was transmitted in a first geographic location in a first time frame using a first broadcast, the first broadcast occurring prior to the second broadcast"
- “means for decoding the encoded signal into a decoded signal”
- "means, coupled to said decoding means, for reproducing the information in a second geographic location in a second time frame, the second time frame chosen by a user of the information"