The USCIS has indicated that it will begin to accept and will not automatically deny a Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130, if it is filed on behalf of a same sex spouse. Although this is a triumph for same sex advocates, many states in the United States do not recognize same sex marriage and for this reason many questions remain as to how the USCIS will adjudicate Forms I-130 that are filed by a same sex couple who were married in a jurisdiction that recognizes same sex marriage but who are residents of a jurisdiction that does not recognize same sex marriage. Additionally, issues may arise as to the types of documents a same sex couple can submit to demonstrate that they in a bona fide marriage since the types of documentary evidence may not have been available and open to a same sex couple in certain jurisdictions.