In anticipation of the Local Democracy Economic Development and Construction Act 2009 (LDEDC Act) being brought into force on 1 October 2011, JCT have issued tracked change versions of the 2011 Edition contracts.
The 2011 Edition makes the changes required to make the contracts LDEDC Act-compliant as far as the payment provisions are concerned. They also make other text changes. The tracked change versions are a pre-release for those who would like advance notice of the changes to familiarise themselves with them.
The following Tracked Change Documents are available to order in hard copy:
- Standard Building Contract with Quantities 2011
- Standard Building Contract with Approximate Quantities 2011
- Standard Building Contract without Quantities 2011
- Design and Build Contract 2011
- Intermediate Building Contract 2011
- Intermediate Building Contract with contractor’s design 2011
- Minor Works Building Contract 2011
- Minor Works Building Contract with contractor's design 2011
Tracked change versions of all other contracts are available by emailing: sweetandmaxwell.Docdel@thomson.com
The non-tracked change 2011 Edition - JCT 2011 - which is the working version of the contracts is anticipated to be released in early September, subject to the Government’s announcement of the LDEDC Act implementation date by mid-July.
In Scotland, SBCC are working to a similar timetable for the Scottish contracts.
It is worth noting that the contracts should not be used before the Act comes into force because the new payment provisions do not comply with current legislation in the Housing Grants Act.