Each business entity registered or filed with the Georgia Secretary of State is required to file an annual registration. These registrations must be filed by April 1 of each year.
Filing the annual registration provides a current record of an entity’s management structure, correct mailing address, and registered agent’s name and address. Entities that do not timely file annual registrations, together with all required fees, may be subject to administrative dissolution or revocation of their authorization to transact business in Georgia. The annual registration process is simple and can be done at the Georgia Secretary of State’s website, found at www.sos.ga.gov. You will need the following information to file your annual registration:
- Control number for the corporation
- Name and address of the person filing the annual registration
- A valid email address
- Name and Address of the Registered Agent (must be a physical street address)
- Mailing Address of the Principal Office
- Name and address of each officer (CEO, CFO, Secretary if you are a Corporation)
- A Credit Card or a valid ACH account
In association with filing with the Secretary of State, your Bylaws (for Corporations) and Operating Agreements (for LLC, LP, LLP or LLLP) may require that you hold your annual meetings during the first quarter of the year. Depending on your corporate structure, your corporate books should contain your annual meeting minutes, appointments for officers and directors, resolutions, share certificates, ledgers, etc.