A trademark audit evaluates and reports on the status of your business’ trademarks and related name rights. An audit outlines considerations relevant to your ability to secure, protect and enforce your rights and, if desired, provides an appraisal of the dollar value of these rights.
To know if you need a trademark audit, consider:
- Does your business use a brand name for your goods or services, has this brand name been registered and can you locate these registrations?
- Does your business use different names for its goods and services, have these names been registered and can you locate these registrations?
- Does your business use its brand name as your domain name and do you have confirmation of your domain name registration?
- Does your business use a domain name and has that domain name been registered?
- Does your business do business out of the United States and are your names registered in the countries where you do business?
- Does your business use the names of others and do you have copies of the authorizations to use those names?
Your answers to these questions will indicate if it is time to contact an IP audit specialist to ask about a trademark audit.