The FCA has released its latest Policy Development Update – Issue 30. The update provides information on the publications issued since the last edition, information about recent changes within the Handbook and a timetable for forthcoming publications.
The following consultation papers have already been published and feedback is requested in February:
- Consultation Paper 16/5: Handbook changes to reflect the introduction of the Innovative Finance ISA and the regulated activity of advising on peer-to-peer agreements.
- Consultation Paper 16/4: Loan-based crowdfunding platforms and segregation of client money.
- Consultation Paper 16/3: Financial Services Compensation Scheme - Management Expenses Levy Limit 2016/2017.
- Consultation Paper 16/2: Mortgage Credit Directive: Minor changes to our rules and guidance.
- Proposed guidance on voluntary redress schemes under the Competition Act 1998.
The update also provides information on the expected timetable for forthcoming publications. The FCA’s proposals in response to the CMA’s recommendations on high-cost-short-term credit are expected in Q2 2016 and the policy statement on future regulatory treatment of CCA regulated first charge mortgages is expected in March 2016.