Venezuela has frequently been in the news lately, not only because of domestic politics, but also because of sanctions and bribery enforcement actions brought by U.S. authorities. In this podcast, Crowell & Moring’s Cari Stinebower, Dalal Hasan, Eduardo Mathison, and Mariana Pendás provide an overview of recent political and enforcement developments in Venezuela and explain what U.S. companies need to know about how these developments could impact business and trade ties with Venezuela.
Discussed in this 23-minute podcast:
- An overview of the political situation in Venezuela.
- Implications of U.S. and EU current sanctions targeting Venezuela and the potential for new sanctions.
- FinCEN guidance on identifying corruption and money laundering red flags from Venezuela transactions.
- Legal protections and International Dispute Resolution options for companies provided in Bilateral Investment Treaties (BITs) signed by Venezuela.
- Takeaways for companies with business ties to Venezuela.