We are pleased to present the latest edition of our monthly Technology & Regulation Client Update, which includes a variety of notable regulatory and industry compliance developments in the fields of personal data protection, cybersecurity, digital advertising and content regulations, internet platform compliance policies and more. These include the following:
- The UK’s new regulations to guide companies on the Post-Brexit data protection regime;
- Guidelines on GDPR Codes of Conduct, published by the European Data Protection Board;
- Guidelines on Artificial Intelligence and data protection, published by the Council of Europe;
- The New York Attorney General’s settlement with a seller of fake followers and likes in social media, in which the practice was declared as being illegal;
- The UK’s advertising regulator’s new regulatory guidance the aim of which is to protect children from irresponsible gambling ads;
- Germany's Competition Authority’s decision prohibiting Facebook from combining user data from different sources;
- Illinois’ Supreme Court ruling on the State’s Biometric Information Privacy Act; and
The first reports submitted by signatories of the EU code of practice against disinformation (“fake news”).
Last chance to register to our AI & eHealth - Just be Patient event to be held on Tuesday, 5th March at 9:00.
Come and hear from our experts and inspirational speakers, researched, investors and startups who will showcase emerging developments and share their predictions and business models, as well as explore the ethical and regulatory challenges presented by the implementation of AI in digital health.