Broad & Bright is a full-service Chinese firm providing a broad range of legal services for domestic and international clients, and with particular expertise and outstanding achievements in cross-border business transactions. Broad & Bright was founded by a group of highly accomplished lawyers from different practice fields. The firm’s key partners received training in the most prestigious law schools both in China and overseas and have substantial work experience from top-notch international law firms. Most of them have over 15 years of experience serving multinational companies on investment and operation in China.
- Broad & Bright has offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong.
- The lawyers of Broad & Bright are qualified to practice in mainland China, Hong Kong, and New York, California, Michigan and Washington D.C. of the U.S. and other territories outside of China.
- The lawyers of our team are able to work in Chinese, English and Japanese and to satisfy the needs of and respond promptly to the clients in the U.K., the U.S., Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and their respective radiation areas.
In 2016, Broad & Bright was invited to join Meritas, a famous global alliance of business law firms. Meritas has more than 190 law firm members and nearly 8000 lawyers spanning 97 countries and areas worldwide (covering 258 markets). Broad & Bright is one of the two law firm members within the region of China. Such alliance improves the seamless legal services provided by Broad & Bright in the global, and further enhances the advantages of Broad & Bright in the local legal insight, local rates and world-class client services in the overseas investment.
Main areas: Corporate and M&A, Outbound Investment, Cross-border Dispute Resolution, Capital Markets and Securities, Private Equity & Venture Capital, Debt Financing and Asset-backed Securitization, Public Utilities and Infrastructure, Real Estate and Engineering, FinTech, Digital Entertainment, Data Privacy, Anti-monopoly, Energy, Human Resources, etc..
Broad & Bright is highly recognized by multiple international rating publication in legal industry. Our recent awards include:
- Ranked in Top Band by IFLR1000 in following areas: Corporate/M&A, Private equity, Banking and Finance, Project Development (2016-2020)
- Highly Recommended in the area of Competition/Antitrust and Corporate and M&A by Asialaw Profiles (2016-2020)
- Highly Recommended by Legal 500 in Projects and energy (2017-2020)
- Winner of China Business Law Awards 2019 in Competition & antitrust and Construction & infrastructure (2014-2019)
- Ranked in Band Two of Competition/Antitrust by Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide (2010 2011 2016-2019）
- Ranked in Top Band in M&A by Asia Legal Business (2017 2018 and 2019)
- “Notable Firm” in “Commercial and Transactions - Domestic firms” and “Intellectual Property - Domestic firms” by Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2019
- Consortium acquisition of Singapore's Global Logistic Properties case won the “Impact Deal of the Year” award by Asialaw Regional Award 2019
- The “CALC issues asset-backed specific programme on Shanghai Stock Exchange” deal and the “GLP’s privatization” deal win the Deals of the Year by China Business Law Journal 2018
- The United Technologies/Rockwell Collins case won the “Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa” award by GCR (Global Competition Review) 2019
- The “Guangdong Dongguan rail project”deal win the Deals of the Year by China Business Law Journal 2019
- Ranked 19th of The Top 20 Chinese Law Firms by Phoenix International Think-tank 2016, 2nd in Antitrust and competition, 5th in Labor Law, 6th in International Trade, 7th in Corporate and M&A