An employer that wishes to hire an employee who is classifiable as a foreign highly qualified specialist should be aware that certain specific obligations apply:
- Within 10 working days of the date on which the labour agreement comes into force, the tax authorities must be informed of the employment of the highly qualified specialist.
- Within 30 calendar days of obtaining of work permit, the highly qualified specialist must have a personal tax identification number.
- The Federal Migration Service must be informed once the tax identification number has been obtained.
- The Federal Migration Service must be informed of the personal tax identification number every time the employer obtains a highly qualified specialist work permit.
- Every January, April, July and October, the employer must send the Federal Migration Service a quarterly notification of salary payments made to its highly qualified specialists.
In the event of the premature termination of the labour agreement with a highly qualified specialist, it is necessary to:
- notify the tax authorities within 10 working days;
- notify the Federal Migration Service;
- notify the Federal Migration Service about salary payments made to the foreign highly qualified specialist; and
- terminate the current work permit if the highly qualified specialist is planning to seek employment in Russia with a different employer.
It is also necessary to notify the Federal Migration Service of any period of unpaid vacation of one month or more.
For further information on this topic please contact Timur Beslangurov at VISTA Foreign Business Support by telephone (+7 495 933 78 22), fax (+7 495 933 78 23) or email ([email protected]).