Do you know how to address inappropriate workplace behaviour before it becomes a legal issue?
This 3-day course is a basic primer for people within organizations who are tasked with conducting investigations. This intensive, hands-on workshop allows participants to investigate mock complaints from start to finish to practice their investigation skills. The third day focuses on mastering report writing.
In this course, participants will learn:
- Which legal requirements and human resources considerations trigger an investigation
- Whether an investigation should be conducted internally or externally
- How to plan your investigation and set up your process
- How to determine your mandate
- What to include in pre-investigation communication to the parties
- Who to interview, and in what order
- How to prepare for and conduct investigation interviews
- How to collect and record evidence
- How to approach decision making
- How to avoid common investigation pitfalls
- How to write a thorough and defensible report that will “stick”
- How to organize your report and what to include in it
- How to deal with credibility issues
- How to deal with tricky evidentiary issues
- How to avoid common reporting pitfalls
All participants will have the opportunity to practice their investigation skills by conducting a live interview of the complainant, the respondent or witnesses.
This program has been approved for 21 CPHR Continuing Professional Development Hours by CPHR Manitoba.