How would you like to snap your fingers and instantly judges, jurors, and clients would agree with your position? It may not be that easy, however you can dramatically improve your chances for success if you understand how people make decisions and what causes them to act. Influence is a dynamic CLE program that draws on the latest scientific research to illustrate how you can ethically influence clients, colleagues, and members of the court to see things your way—all without resorting to manipulation. Best of all, you'll leave this session with practical ideas you can apply right away.
Specifically, you will be able to:
• Discover the two elements you must have to win over any skeptical mind.
• Utilize the four key drivers of persuasion to gain acceptance of your arguments and ideas.
• Examine what the Code of Professional Responsibility has to say about how to remain above reproach when seeking to influence others.
• Overcome the common mistakes most lawyers make when trying to change people’s minds.
• Leave much of the conventional wisdom about influence behind (most of it doesn’t work anyway).
Important information & login instructions:
• Registration closes the morning of the program; registration and payment must be received prior to 10 a.m. MST.
• Once registered for the webinar, you will receive emails (one day before and shortly before the start time) with instructions to join and a link to check your computer system requirements. Join the webinar up to 30 minutes prior to the start time.
• This program is available online only through a laptop, iPad or mobile device with Internet capabilities. It is considered a live program and attendees will receive live CLE credit after attending.
*Webinars count as "Live Credit" for your yearly credit compliance*
Please note: for remote-access programs, each registrant MUST access the program from individual devices (i.e. computer, tablet, mobile or office phone). Groups of attorneys who access a program together from one device will not receive credit.
20/07/2018 11:00 - 12:00