Wilberforce Commercial Litigation Conference 2018: From contract to court
When: Wednesday 18 April 2018 (3.5 CPD)
12.30pm - 5.30pm followed by drinks
Where: London, UK
The Wilberforce Annual Commercial Litigation Conference returns on Wednesday 18 April 2018 at The Grange St Paul’s Hotel with a number of topical talks and workshops.
This year, the particular focus is to look at what lessons can be learnt from recently decided cases when it comes to drafting contractual provisions in a number of different commercial areas. The aim is to put various commercial cases under the spotlight, examine familiar problems, look at how the courts have interpreted certain clauses in the past and suggest drafting solutions.
We are also delighted to announce that Guest Speaker Daniel Susskind will be giving a talk on the Future of the Legal Profession and How to Adapt to Advancing Technology.
Chairman: Nikki Singla QC
Topics to be disscused:
- Notice provisions nailed: How to avoid the pitfalls associated with the requirement for notice when making a claim under a contractual warranty or indemnity presented by Joanna Smith QC
- JVs & QPs: Death by litigation or a different approach? presented by Lawrence Cohen QC
- Entire agreement clauses, misrepresentation and estoppel presented by Elizabeth Houghton
- Termination: A poisoned chalice? presented by Alan Gourgey QC, Julian Greenhill QC, and Anna Littler
- Good faith in contracts presented by Lexa Hilliard QC, Tiffany Scott QC and Zoë Barton
- Say it isn’t so: informal variation of written contracts, verbal agreements and collateral contracts presenrted by Marcia Shekerdemian QC, Jonathan Hilliard QC,Bobby Friedman
- You can but try: Endeavours clauses in commercial contracts presented by Emer Murphy
- The ‘5 minute pitch’, Chaired by Ian Croxford QC. Terence Mowschenson QC, Jonathan Davey QC, Jonathan Hilliard QC and Max Mallin QC
- Guest speaker Daniel Susskind
Download the full PDF timetable here
18 April 2018