On January 20, 2015, the National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC) promulgated four national food safety standards and a revised sheet for public comments, which are:
- National Food Safety Standard-Hygienic Production Specifications for Frozen Food (draft for comments);
- National Food Safety Standard-Hygienic Specifications for In-flight Meals (draft for comments);
- National Food Safety Standard-Thermal Processing Flavorings for Food Use (draft for comments);
- GB9685-xxxx, National Food Safety Standard-Hygienic Standards for Uses of Additives in Food Contact Material and Articles (draft for comments), which changes and modifies the standard name, the applicable scope, terminologies and use requirements; adding certain chemical substances as additives; deleting certain substances etc.;
- GB14881-2013, National Food Safety Standard-General Hygienic Regulation for Food Production, revised sheet No.1 (draft for comments).
The above standards will be open for public comments until March 15, 2015.
On January 20, 2015, NHFPC promulgated the decision of approving the following items for public comments, which will be open until February 20, 2015:
- Adding Aluminum Oxide, Ammonium carbamate, Polyethylene Glycol 400 Dilaurate, Starch, reaction products with glycerol and glyoxal to be new additive species for food packaging materials;
- Adding 1-Butene, polymer with ethane to be a new resin species for food packaging materials;
- Increasing the use amount of Glycerides, castor-oil-mono, hydrogenated.
On January 7, 2015, NHFPC promulgated the Inventory of Detergent Ingredients for Food Contact Application Batch 1 for public comments. The inventory will be open for public comments until February 15, 2015.
On January 7, 2015, the National Center for Health Inspection and Supervision of NHFPC promulgated Methods of Field Monitoring for Disinfection Products for public comments.