A Delegated Regulation, supplementing the Market Abuse Regulation (EU MAR), has been published in the OJEU. It covers:
- the extension of the exemption from the obligations and prohibitions set out in EU MAR to certain public bodies and central banks of third countries in carrying out monetary, exchange rate or public debt management policy;
- the indicators of market manipulation laid down in Annex I to EU MAR;
- the thresholds for the disclosure by emission allowance market participants of inside information;
- the competent authority for the notifications of delays of public disclosure of inside information;
- the circumstances under which trading during a closed period may be permitted by the issuer; and
- types of transactions triggering the duty to notify managers’ transactions.
It enters into force on 24 April and will apply from 3 July alongside the EU MAR regime. Also published is the Commission Implementing Regulation laying down ITS with regard to the format and template for notification and public disclosure of managers’ transactions. (Source: OJEU – EU MAR exemptions and ITS on EU MAR managers’ transactions)