On March 26, 2015, the CPSC held the second of three webinars addressing the CPSC’s planned electronic filing of certificates pilot program. The webinar addressed both answers to previously identified issues with the program and questions to be investigated and addressed in the third seminar, held on April 9, 2015. Among the issues explained in the March webinar were:
- Data collected via the electronic filing pilot program would not be public and would be treated as other information available under the Freedom of Information Act.
- The CPSC’s target start date for the pilot program is January or February 2016, and the program will last 3–6 months.
- Draft guidelines for the pilot program are scheduled to be released in May 2015.
Topics still to be addressed by the CPSC include:
- Expectations and requirements for importers.
- Multiple certificates for one product or line entry.
- Time needed for advance filing of certificates into the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
The CPSC Recall Snapshot is a useful tool in keeping up-to-date on the activities of the CPSC. Click here to subscribe to the Snapshot.