Recent lending statistics published by the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) show that:
- Home-owner house purchase lending totalled £10.7 billion in November, down 9% on October but up 18% on November 2014.
- First time buyers borrowed £4.2 billion for home-owner purchase, down 9% on October but up 14% on November last year. This totalled 27,900 loans, down 8% month-on-month but up 10% year-on-year.
- Home movers took out 32,300 loans, down 10% from October and up 9% compared to November 2014. In total, this was £6.5 billion borrowed, down 10% on October but up 20% year-on-year.
- Home-owner remortgage activity was down by 9% by volume and 14% by value compared to October. Compared to November 2014, remortgage lending was up 24% by volume and 36% by value.
- Gross buy-to-let saw month-on-month decreases, down 6% by volume and 8% by value, but the substantial growth year-on-year continued.