- Certificate of Need Program
- Project Modification AL2015-014, The Heath Care Authority of Cullman County d/b/a Cullman Regional Medical Center, Inc., Cullman, AL: Proposes to relicense thirty (30) acute care beds that were previously acquired through CON 2278-H-E. CON 2710-H was issued April 2, 2015. Project Modification Request: Increase in the project cost from $877,882 to $14,920,000.
- AL2016-001, Sylacauga Health and Rehab Services, LLC, Sylacauga, AL: Proposes to establish a forty (40) bed Specialty Care Assisted Living Facility by converting thirty-six (36) assisted living beds to specialty care assisted living beds and add four (4) new SCALF beds. Opposition: None
- AL2016-002, Randolph County Health Care Authority, Roanoke, AL: Proposes to replace and relocate the thirty-four (34) bed, general acute care Wedowee Hospital. The project will result in the reduction of nineteen (19) acute care beds in Randolph County. Opposition: None
- AL2016-003, The Health Care Authority of the City of Huntsville d/b/a Huntsville Hospital, Huntsville, AL: Proposes to construct two (2) new catheterization labs, plus the conversion of one (1) existing EP lab to a Dual Purpose Lab and one (1) existing EP lab to a Multi-Purpose lab for a total of ten (10) catheterization labs. Opposition: None
- AL2016-004, Gulf Health Hospitals d/b/a Thomas Hospital, Fairhope, AL: Proposes to construct new space on the 4th floor to accommodate the existing Birthing Center’s relocation to the new space, which will include fifteen (15) new postpartum rooms, eight (8) labor and delivery rooms, two (2) operating rooms and a dedicated triage area. Opposition: None
- Contested Case Withdrawn, Remanded by ALJ
AL2015-040, The Phoenix at Madison, LLC, Madison, AL: Proposes to lease and operate a new twenty-four (24) bed Specialty Care Assisted Living Facility. Opposition: Heritage Assisted Living and Memory Care, LLC d/b/a Heritage Memory Care withdrew Request for a Contested Case Hearing December 17, 2015.
- Contested Case, Batched Applications
AL2015-008, Hope Hospice, Inc., Birmingham, AL: Proposes to construct a freestanding inpatient hospice facility consisting of ten (10) beds in Region V. ALJ filed Recommended Order denying this project. Opposition: Optum Palliative and Hospice Care, Inc. filed intervention, opposition and request for contested case hearing.
AL2015-009, Alacare Home Health Services, Inc. d/b/a Alacare Home Health & Hospice, Birmingham, AL: Proposes to construct a new fourteen (14) bed inpatient hospice facility in Region V. ALJ filed a Recommended Order approving this project. Opposition: Optum Palliative and Hospice Care, Inc. filed intervention, opposition and request for contested case hearing.
Both projects were approved.
- Reviewability Determinations and Pending Reviewability Determinations
- Reviewability Determinations
RV2015-026: Highlands Health & Rehab requests to replace the existing fifty (50) bed nursing home in Scottsboro, AL. Status: Non-Reviewable
RV2016-001, Eufaula Physical Therapy and Wellness, LLC, requests to provide physical therapy only at 335-A Macon Ave., Eufaula, AL. Status: Non-Reviewable
RV2016-002, Gadsden Regional Medical Center, requests to construct two (2) additional operating rooms in the hospital for a total of eighteen (18) operating rooms. Status: NonReviewable
RV2016-003, Northwest Medical Center, Inc., requests to purchase a Linear Accelerator from Southeast Physicians Network for radiation oncology services. Status: Non-Reviewable
RV2016-004, Advance Rehabilitation & Consulting Limited Partnership, requests to provide outpatient physical therapy services only. Status: Non-Reviewable
RV2016-005, Metro Treatment of Alabama, LP, requests to relocate the current facility within the same campus in Mobile, Alabama. Status: Withdrawn
RV2016-006, Rehab Associates, LLC d/b/a Champion Sports Medicine - Homewood, requests to provide outpatient physical therapy services only. Status: Non-Reviewable
RV2016-007, River Region Cardiology Associates, P.C., requests to construct a cardiac catheterization laboratory within the existing medical office. Status: Non-Reviewable
RV2016-008, Bradford Health Services - Huntsville, requests a change in the indirect owner of the substance abuse facility. Status: Withdrawn
RV2016-009, Bradford Health Services - Warrior, requests a change in the indirect owner of the substance abuse facility. Status: Withdrawn
- Pending Reviewability Determinations
RV2014-028: Surgicare of Mobile, Ltd., requests to add five (5) operating rooms, twenty (20) pre-/post-op bays, and four (4) restrooms and expand the waiting room and business office. Status: Pending
Opposition: Providence Hospital filed a letter opposing the Reviewability Determination Request. Mobile Infirmary Association, d/b/a Mobile Infirmary Medical Center, filed a letter opposing the Reviewability Determination Request. In litigation, CV2014-901553, Springhill Hospitals, Inc., filed a Complaint for Declaratory Judgment and Injunctive Relief.
- New Business
- Proposed Rules
410-1-3-.09 Electronic Filing
410-1-3-.11 Submission of Mandatory Reports; Administrative Penalties
410-1-3-.12 Annual Reports
The Board voted to publish these proposed rules.
- Proposed Statutory Amendments
Proposed Amendment to Ala. Code 22-4-34
The next CON Review Board meeting will be held on February 17, 2016.