The Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) has announced that beginning November 21, 2016 a new online system for Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) determination requests will be available and the External Form Submission (EFS) will no longer be available to use for CJ determination requests. The last day to submit a CJ determination request through EFS is Wednesday, November 16, 2016. The posting said:
As part of the DDTC IT Modernization effort, DDTC has been diligently reviewing all current processes and procedures. In April of 2016 the updated data collection was approved for use by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Once approval was received, DDTC developed an updated external application for CJ determination requests as well as working in tandem with Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA) to update the internal USXPORTS application.
Therefore, on November 21, 2016 the new CJ application will be available as the first release of the Defense Export Control and Compliance System (DECCS). The new DECCS CJ application will replace of the Electronic Filing System (EFS) to submit a CJ determination requests. However, ELISA will still be available for users to track the status of their requests.
Enhancements Coming Soon:
- One Stop Shopping – a single location to complete and submit the DS-4076.
- Web Based – no more Adobe PDF forms.
- Digital Signature – no more pen and ink signatures.
- November 16, 2016 – Last day to submit a CJ request via the EFS application.
- November 17 to 20, 2016 – DDTC prepares for deployment. No CJ requests will be accepted.
- November 21, 2016 – DECCS CJ application is released.