The Commerce Commission is now investigating TM Publisher, the third party organisation involved in a scam requesting payment from trade mark owners. We are aware that TM Publisher has refunded at least one payment.
If you have made a payment to TM Publisher, you can request a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and supplying details of the transaction in question (date, reference number, amount of payment). Please copy your refund request to Zeb Walker at the Commerce Commission (Zeb.Walker@comcom.govt.nz).
If you have been affected by this issue and wish to assist the Commerce Commission in its investigation, please provide the following information and documents to Zeb Walker.
- Brief details of what you believed the document related to and what it would provide in exchange for payment.
- Information about whether you intended to purchase online database services from TM Publisher when making payment in relation to the document.
- Information about whether you believed you had an obligation to make payment in relation to the document.
- Details of the amount paid and the date of that payment.
- A copy of the document received from TM Publisher.