Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will convene on Monday, June 13, at 4:00pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S.2943, the National Defense Authorization Act. There will be no roll call votes on today.
By consent, all post-cloture time on S.2943 will expire at 11:00am on Tuesday, June 14, after which there will be a series of roll call votes. Barring any further agreement, the Senate would dispose of any pending germane amendments, passage of the bill as amended, and cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R.2578, Commerce, Justice, Science appropriations. If cloture is invoked on the motion to proceed to H.R.2578, it will be considered to have been invoked at 10:00pm, Monday, June 13.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, June 13, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 5312 – Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Modernization Act of 2016, as amended;
- S. 337 – FOIA Improvement Act of 2016;
- H.R. 3636 – O-VISA Act;
- H.R. 4939 – United States–Caribbean Strategic Engagement Act of 2016, as amended;
- H.R. 3694 – STOP Organ Trafficking Act, as amended;
- H.Res. 343 – Expressing concern regarding persistent and credible reports of systematic, state-sanctioned organ harvesting from non-consenting prisoners of conscience in the People’s Republic of China, including from large numbers of Falun Gong practitioners and members of other religious and ethnic minority groups, as amended;
- H.R. 5049 – NSF Major Research Facility Reform Act of 2016, as amended
On Tuesday, June 14, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00pm for legislative business. On Wednesday, June 15, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00pm for legislative business. On Thursday, June 16, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected by 3:00pm. The House will consider:
- H.R. 5053 – Preventing IRS Abuse and Protecting Free Speech Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule);
- H.R. 5293 – Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2017 (Subject to a Rule)
On Friday, June 17, no votes are expected in the House.