- Jan. 26, 2015: The National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC) held the food safety working conference. The conference defined the Commission’s work purpose for 2015, including completing the national food safety standard integration, strengthening risk monitoring, risk assessment, standard implementation, and service.
- Jan. 28, 2015: NHFPC issued a notice for public comments that would approve gold to be a new food additive species. This notice will be open for comments until Feb. 20, 2015.
- Jan. 29, 2015: NHFPC issued a decision that approves Betagalactosidase to be a new food additive species; approves 6- Methyloctanal to be a new food condiment species; approves expanding the scope of use and dosage of nitrous oxide and the other 10 substances as food additives.
Drinking Water Related Products:
- Jan. 28, 2015: NHFPC’s National Center for Health Inspection and Supervision issued the National Public Health Supervision and Inspection Plan of 2015, which includes the ability to inspect manufacturers and companies that produce drinking water related products as well as plants that produce bottled drinking water.
- Jan. 28, 2015: NHFPC’s National Center for Health Inspection and Supervision issued a notice in regards to implementing a nationwide special recertification program for disinfectant product manufacturers. During the recertification period, a government inspector will fieldmonitor production, and examine and spot check the hygienic quality, product labeling, and other qualities of the disinfectant products.
- Jan. 23, 2015: The Chinese Solid Waste and Chemicals Management Center organized an international seminar regarding the environmental management of chemicals. Experts discussed the management systems and development trends of chemicals in different countries.