Basel Committee consults on accounting for expected credit losses guidance: The Basel Committee has published for consultation guidance on accounting for expected credit losses. The guidance comprises 11 fundamental principles setting out the supervisory expectations for banks. The principles cover:
- sound credit risk practices associated with implementing and applying an expected credit loss accounting framework; and
- supervisory expectations in relation to how an accounting framework should interact with a bank's overall credit risk practices and the regulatory framework.
The consultation closes on 30 April. (Source: Guidance on Accounting for Expected Credit Losses Issued by the Basel Committee)
Basel Committee publishes data collection tools and guidance: The Basel Committee has published a variety of documents relating to its current data collection exercise. These include:
- Basel III monitoring workbook (Version 3.0);
- instructions for Basel III monitoring for banks not providing data for the trading book; and
- instructions for Basel III monitoring for banks providing data for the trading book.
It has also updated its webpage outlining the current data collection exercises. (Source: BCBS: Current Data Collection Exercises)