On March 17, 2017, the United States International Trade Commission (ITC) published in the Federal Register a notice [Inv. No. 332-227] scheduling a public hearing and providing an opportunity to submit information in connection with the Commission’s 23rd report under section 215 of the Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act (CBERA), which requires the Commission to report biennially to the Congress and the President by September 30 of each reporting year on the economic impact of the Act on U.S. industries and U.S. consumers and on the economy of the beneficiary countries. The report will cover trade during calendar years 2015 and 2016, and will be transmitted to the Congress and the President by September 29, 2017.
The Schedule is as follows:
- April 13, 2017: Deadline for filing requests to appear at the public hearing.
- April 20, 2017: Deadline for filing pre-hearing briefs and statements.
- May 11, 2017: Public hearing.
- May 18, 2017: Deadline for filing post-hearing briefs and statements.
- May 18, 2017: Deadline for filing all other written submissions.
- September 29, 2017: Transmittal of ITC report to Congress and the President.