The Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) has published final amendments to the Dealer Member Rules which require dealer members to disclose that they are regulated by IIROC.
Under the new rules, a dealer member is required to:
- display the IIROC logo at business locations that cater to members of the public;
- distribute the IIROC brochure when new clients open accounts and when an existing client makes such a request;
- include the IIROC logo and a link to the IIROC website on its home page;
- include a link and reference to IIROC’s online advisor database on the dealer member’s home page and on any webpage that includes a profile of an IIROC-regulated investment advisor; and
- include the IIROC logo on all client account statements.
The amendment relating to client account statements comes into effect as of July 1, 2018. All other amendments will become effective January 1, 2017.
For further information, please consult IIROC Notice 16-0133.