Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$user_url in /nas/content/live/bmckenziewp/wp-content/themes/shared.php on line 55
On 23 August 2016, the new UK Department for International Trade (DIT) released a “Survey to identify trade and investment barriers in 7 overseas markets”.
The UK government is planning to hold joint economic and trade committee meetings with Brazil, India, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam by the end of 2016. The aim of these dialogues is to discuss bilateral trade and investment issues and to strengthen the UK’s economic, industrial and commercial ties with these markets.
Prior to the start of these meetings DIT wants to hear from UK businesses about their trade priorities in these 7 markets. Insight from UK companies could include:
- your greatest concerns about doing business in and with these countries
- how your concerns might be addressed
- specific recommendations for bilateral initiatives that could improve the business climate
- specific examples of good business practice in these markets and policies which are working well
- what DIT could do to encourage you to think about exporting to these markets
The Survey should be completed by 7 September 2016. DIT notes that all sensitive information will be handled securely but DIT will follow-up separately on specific deals if they have commercially sensitive information.