Turkey’s Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock has announced details of the 2016 support payment scheme for farmers, intended to sustainability improve vegetable production and develop agricultural techniques.
The Communique on Support Payments to Vegetable Production (No. 2016/29) (“Communique”) was published in Official Gazette number 29791 on 4 August 2016.
In 2016, support payments are offered for:
- Diesel fuel and fertilizer.
- Small family businesses producing vegetables (land must be 5,000 m2 or less; excludes tea and hazelnut).
- Organic agriculture.
- Good agricultural practices.
- Difference determined under the agriculture basins production and subsidies model.
- Bumblebee breeding.
- Forage plant breeding.
- Use of feed with a domestic certificate.
- Seedling/strawberry seedling.
- Standard seedlings with a domestic certificate,
- Rehabilitation of traditional olive orchids.
To access the support payments, farmer must register in the Farmer Register System, then apply to the district/provincial directorate of agriculture in the area they are registered.
Farmers who are registered during 2016 will automatically be taken to have applied for support payments offered in relation to diesel oil and fertilizer. Farmers who do not wish to receive these automatic support payments should notify the relevant directorate by 30 December 2016.
Please see this link for full text of the Communique (only available in Turkish).
Information first published in the MA | Gazette, a fortnightly legal update newsletter produced by Moroğlu Arseven.